There are quite a few steps to cleaning homes affected by floods. Starting from checking submerged items, the electricity flow function must be turned off, to making sure the http://carpetcarespecialists.biz must be brought to the right place. Here are some tips for cleaning houses affected by floods:
Pay attention to the electricity
• Make sure the area around you is dry when you are going to turn off the power source.
• Turn off the gas cylinder. If you inhale the smell of leaking gas, turn off the gas immediately, open all windows, and leave the house as soon as possible.
• Back to home as fast as you can and so you don’t have to turn on the lights.
• Use a flashlight for lighting and avoid using candles.
Do the cleaning
• Clean walls, floors, stairs, and furniture surfaces with soap and water. Instead, use water mixed with a disinfectant or bleach.
• Be careful when cleaning objects that can come in contact with food, such as refrigerators, dining tables, kitchen shelves, and cutlery.
• Don’t forget to clean the children’s play area.
• For items that cannot be washed such as mattresses, you can dry them in the sun. Then spray with disinfectant liquid.
• Wash and clean your carpet.
• Remove objects in your home that cannot be cleaned or broke.
• If there is still standing water, clean the house using rubber boots and waterproof gloves.
• If the house has been closed in a few days, open all windows and doors. Leave it for 30 minutes before you stay in the house for a long time.
• After making sure the electricity is safe enough to use, immediately turn on the fan. The goal is to help get rid of damp air to avoid mold.
• After you finish cleaning the house, don’t forget to wash your body with clean running water and soap.
• Keep your children and pets outdoors.
Carpet Care Specialists Mosman
50 Yeo St, Neutral Bay, NSW, 2089
(02) 8311 3724